MyFitness Pal is a helpful tool to help you reach your goals and record your macros when dialing in your nutrition. Our friends over at Working Against Gravity have compiled really good video tutorials over on their YouTube for the most requested MyFitnessPal How-To’s. Here is a list of our top nine tutorials to make it easy for you to access at any time. Bookmark this page if you’re a beginner or new to this information, it’ll be useful!
Here is how to get started.
- How to Customize Your Macro Goals and Profiles in MyFitnessPal The first step to tracking your macros in MyFitnessPal is setting up your specific goals so that they’re easier to track. Are you looking to lose weight or gain muscle? This tutorial and video walk you step by step through the process of how to customize your Macro goals.
- How to Customize Your Macro Goals Using MyFitnessPal Premium Just like the first tutorial listed, this tutorial is all about using the premium version with your macros in MyFitnessPal. The premium version lets you list the exact macros to the decimal. The free version only lets you enter ballpark numbers. We strongly recommend investing in the premium version if you are going to take this seriously. It is worth it.
- How to Check Your Macros and Micros in MyFitnessPal Once you’ve set up your numbers in the MyFitnessPal app, you need to be consistent at checking the numbers throughout the day so you know what you can (and can’t) fit into your nutrition plan that day. When you first start this you will be surprised at how fast those macros can disappear. Pro Tip: Put those meals in after you make them to speed up the process.
- How to Log and Save Individual Meals with MyFitnessPal I have a tendency to eat the same meals multiple times a week. You can log single meals and save them for quick access for next time which saves you time. Logging gets faster as you go!
- How to Track a Bulk Recipe in MyFitnessPal and Track a Single Serving Bulk recipes like soup, sauces and stir-frys are easy to track when you know-how. This tutorial is extremely helpful!
- How to “Quick Add” Macros Using MyFitnessPal Premium Sometimes the barcode scanner does not register the macros. Or you order a meal delivery service. With the premium version of MFP, it’s never been easier to log straight calories, carbs, fats and proteins into your diary. This is super helpful for logging supplements, oils and other simple carbs, proteins, and fats on the go.
- How to Add a Custom Food Item in MyFitnessPal Sometimes the MyFitnessPal database doesn’t have the food item you’re looking for. This makes it easy to add your favorite foods to MFP so you can have these readily available.
- How to Share a Meal With Friends in MyFitnessPal via Text Message (iMessage feature)
Have an iPhone? If you’re eating the same meal as your accountability buddy or significant other, only one of you has to enter it in MyFitnessPal because you can just text message it to the other person using iMessage.
- How to Set Different Macros for Different Days of the Week With MyFitnessPal (Premium) This is a seasoned veteran way of doing Macros, however, you may want to have different nutrition goals on different days of the week. Refeed days, rest days, lower or higher activity days. For these reasons, knowing how to set those macro goals on different days in MyFitnessPal is a must-have feature.
Hopefully, these tutorials and tips help you using MFP. We will see ya next week with more Nutrition tips.